Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by milespatton
I saw just yesterday on educational Tv, that the correct way to fry eggs is to put a lid on your skillet, and time how long to leave them according to your preference. According to those folks, with a lid on cooks the top of the egg without having to turn them. They put the eggs in a bowl and added salt and pepper before putting the eggs in the skillet. Seems that I have a new experiment to try. smile miles

What cooks an egg without turning it over is using the spatula to flip hot bacon grease over the top. That way complete cooking of the white is achieved with nearly zero cooking of the yolk for a perfect sunny side up fried egg.

You have some very good qualities you know. Some folks here think you might be a bit persnickety, but you know how to cook eggs.

I use a spoon to slop the hot bacon grease over them though. For me, somewhat less messy.

Besides, if one uses a lid that's just another thing to wash.

Speaking of eggs, even eating a few a week, we finally have the girls laying regular enough after their winter strike to fill a dozen carton.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?