Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by ironbender
Geno
How did he get in? Looks pretty secure.

He didn't get in, that's the outside of the pen. Maybe you can make out rocks along the bottom of the fence area? To help keep the diggers out. And there's a 2x8 full dimension corral board behind that.

One of our dogs set up to barking one night, the dog yard is on the other side of the chicken yard. He has a special bark when there really is a critter out there and he's not just letting the neighborhood dogs know this is his world. I went out, he's looking through the chicken yard, I see the badger there on the other side in the flashlight glow. Between the dog barking and me yelling, I thought he'd take off. Nope, just looked at me and went back to sniffing around for a way in.

I went in, grabbed the shotgun and went out to where he was. Even from 6-8' away he had no intention of leaving, even when I got closer and pointed the barrel at his head. Just gave me that FU look. OK sucker, bye bye.

Not sure if he was the same one that lived in that woodpile for a while. Wood was left there by previous owner, included in our offer as we moved in here in November. I didn't want to be looking for firewood with real winter approaching. Badger wasn't a real issue then, as we didn't have chickens.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The fox story is another thing. Don't, I repeat DON'T, forget and leave the chicken yard gate open after you let them out to "free range" for the afternoon.

great pics

Thanks

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?