OK , some better pics of the Gulag. Background info, I'm cheap. The posts were $8 a piece, juniper, likely outlive me. 2x8 full dimension corral boards around the bottom I picked up at the local Ace hardware, 14' long, for about $10 each a couple of years back. A whole stack of them in the parking lot marked down as some were getting a bit "bent". The rest of the lumber used was from the boneyard here on the 7Acre RANCH!, some was here when we got the place, some I think I may have brought down with me from my WA boneyard when I lived up there. Lumber racks are cool, handy items at times.

Back of the chicken yard is the fence for the backyard. 6' wire, 4" openings up high narrowing down to rabbit mesh (2"x4") below. I put the 1/2" hardware cloth and chicken wire over that in case a critter got in the dog yard and wanted to access the chicks that way. Not a good idea if the dogs are awake. Pallets to the right are the Gulag annex for the hen the rooster and the other hens tried to kill. She's got her own little house in there. One of my better layers so I had to save her.

Posts are 8' apart, chicken coop is about 8'x8' footprint. Notice the woodpile badger habitat is no longer next to the chicken yard.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Nest box door on side in the annex now.

Nest boxes:

Nothing special, good enough for my small herd of birds. If I was rich I'd have a bigger coop, easier to walk in, and a much nicer fenced area. Maybe uncle Joe will send us a much bigger stimulus check? whistle

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?