Originally Posted by Willto
A lot of naïve folks will tell you it's 'market demands' due to a lot of new gun owners but that is mostly BS.

Yeah I don't buy that horse chit either. I might be inclined to believe that a flood of new gun buyers concerned for their safety caused a shortage of ammo in a few types like 9mm, 45 acp or .223, etc. But the main shortage in my area is hunting ammo in calibers like 7mm-08, 25-06 and even 30-30. Am I really expected to believe that 7 million new gun owners all went out and bought a lever action 30-30 as their first gun for home or personal defense? Or a bolt action 25-06? Really? I'd be scared to let a moron dumb enough to believe that horse chit drive me across town.

First 20 guys in the local sporting goods store- "Oh my, there is no .223 or .308 or 7.62x39 or 9mm or .45 ACP on the shelf, I better buy what I can so I can at least shoot something, oh look, here is some 7-08 and 25-06 and 30-30, I'll just buy some of that instead, at least I'll have it to deer hunt with"

Originally Posted by ERK
Ok guys I can understand the ammo and components shortage I guess but my nephew bought a 7-08 and is gonna reload. No dies available at that time anywhere he or I looked. You guys trying to say both people who bought a 7-08 bought up all the reloading dies on the internet. Gotta call bs on this and a lot of other things that are out of stock. Edk

Next 20 guys in the local sporting goods store and online "oh my, there is no 7-08 or 25-06 or 30-30 ammo anywhere, I better buy reloading dies so I can at least load my own"

Next 20 guys "oh my, there are no components available, but I just got an email alert from Grafs saying they have primers and some powder so I better buy everything they allow me to"

Next 20 guys "hey you guys on this internet forum, where is all the ammo going?"