Originally Posted by Willto
A lot of naïve folks will tell you it's 'market demands' due to a lot of new gun owners but that is mostly BS.

Yeah I don't buy that horse chit either. I might be inclined to believe that a flood of new gun buyers concerned for their safety caused a shortage of ammo in a few types like 9mm, 45 acp or .223, etc. But the main shortage in my area is hunting ammo in calibers like 7mm-08, 25-06 and even 30-30. Am I really expected to believe that 7 million new gun owners all went out and bought a lever action 30-30 as their first gun for home or personal defense? Or a bolt action 25-06? Really? I'd be scared to let a moron dumb enough to believe that horse chit drive me across town.

This video from Nosler says what you think, estimated 8-9 million NEW gun owners, panic buyers no mega orders from the gummint. When there is demand they chase it. The new gun owners bought 9mm, 223/556, .308 etc. so that is where the ammo demand went. The component makers followed that same demand.They will eventually get back to the less mainstream calibers. IN the meantime I'll reload if I really want to go out and shoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzZgGChsyDI&t=8s&ab_channel=ColionNoir

Last edited by smarquez; 03/05/21.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.