Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by gregintenn
There are old retired farts with nothing to do standing in every store waiting for something to be put on the shelf so they can scarf it up and resale it toy you at ridiculous prices on gunbroker or at the gun show.

This is exactly what happens here in Amarillo. I talked to the Walmart and the Academy Sports and they said when they get ammo in the same guys are there every time and they snatch it all up and they told they are all old retired guys. I suggested that they stop stocking ammo at the same time and on the same day and stagger it out throughout the week to deprive them of their ability to do that. Fell on deaf ears.

Hey Chief - see you are retired CPO. I agree somewhat about the "old retired guys" but I can say that is not the big issue or at least not the only issue. I'm retired and have never stood in line and seem to be doing ok through all this "ammo/component" shortage. Personally just bought a 25-06 and waiting for it to arrive. Never had a .25 cal anything so started three weeks ago trading - dealing - and in some cases buying ammo and components to load. Yep already had the powder and primers but the point is if someone wants or needs ammo; then spend less time whining and more time hustling what they need. I did and frankly most of what I accumulated for the 25/06 came from this forum. While there are some who have listed items at ridiculous prices, most on here are reasonable and even helpful. I am as understanding and sympathetic as anyone but the reality is a lack of preparation on their part does not create an emergency on my part.