Off main point perhaps, on the .450 barrel subject. Moreover, I'd sure like to tap into the apparent expertise here!!! Evaluations if possible please!

Two very unique .450 barrels! Products of the now long defunct Sharon Gun Specialties Co of Sonora, California. To recollection x 16" rifling. Essentially, vintage NOS: "new old stock". Never threaded or chambered. Their exteriors make them quite special. Very much classic & traditional European sporter profiles. Each beginning with 3" round chamber areas... One, half octagon to round, full ribbed, presently about 29" length. The other, tapered octagon with elevated quarter rib continuing normal taper, presently about 27" length. Lot of precision detailed work there! Yet in the white.

I purchased these decades ago, from the Sharon folks at a small gun show in their area. (Notation on the back of their business card I'm just viewing, $100 each to fit, polish, chamber and install.) These barrels aren't flyweight! But professionally proportioned to heavy chambering sporter use. I'd always featured building a couple of pre '64 Model 70 action custom rifles. But "as ways lead to ways..."

No instant plans to sell. Just trying to get an idea of possible: a. chambering adaptations & b. value as is for custom build-outs.

Any observations concerning possible chamberings & relative value as is, would be highly appreciated!

Best & Thanks for help!
John

Last edited by iskra; 03/06/21.