Joe, sounds interesting! Be interested to see where you end up!

So I'm all settled. Gun feeding like a champ and shooting like a champ. Never had to do any tweaking of the mag box or anything.

Getting ready for my Ohio trip. Today is one of the last days I'm not working or hunting before then so figured I'd hit the range 1 last time.

I worked up a load with the 250gr TTSX a couple weeks ago....never got to pressure. But got to plenty of speed and recoil. Lol. Didn't shoot it at 100 though. Was running 2rds looking at groups and chrono numbers and pressure. All the load data is for ARs and anemic at best so I was on somewhat uncharted territories with some good info from guys that have already paved the way.

Zeroed the load at 50 no problem.

First 2 shots at 100 went about an inch and a half high.

6 clicks down. 2 in the center.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I was very pleased. Pretty impressive shooting considering the rifle is just over 6lbs.

I pondered the trajectory. For my purposes, I opted to add 2 clicks up. Puts me a half inch high at 100 and a half inch low at 50. If that makes a difference in my life and not the deers, something is wrong! Figure I can hold dead on and not have to think about it for my uses.

I have the 250gr TTSX doing 2350fps from a 18" barrel. Should yield impressive results on game.

Hopefully I can post some performance updates in a few weeks!