Thanx guys!

Castle Rock, the scope is high....but I've learned from my Kimber Montana that is where I like em on these rifles. I am a NE still hunter and tracker. I spend my days on my feet slinking through the timber. Shots are close and fast. I found the scope sitting higher with the straight comb just really works for me and snap shooting. Basically like a shotgun for me. If I shoulder it, I'm looking through glass and crosshairs on target. Took me a lot of scratching my head to get there. We all "know" scopes go as low as possible....lol.

Morano, I started with a textured spray paitlnt. I think Rustoleum. The stuff is difficult to spray because it's thick and has grit in it. I shot it a base color and still decided to try adding some other colors of it. Tried the leaf shadow trick. Fail. Tried covering that up by random sprays of different colors...fail.

First time I painted it, It smacked my arm while I tried to move it and it smudged horribly. I had to strip it. I knew after that I was NOT redoing it...it does NOT come off without a fight. Chemicals and work.

So I did what I could with a couple different colors to blend it. It looked OK but kinda plain. If you look close at the base coat, you can see 3 different colors. A greenish, a darker reddish brown and a lighter tannish color..

Thats where the black came from. Decided to sponge it. I think they came from Walmart crafts section. They sell bags of small pieces of sponge. Regular black spray paint on the sponge and random dabs of it.

Good primer before and a couple shots of matte clear after.

Everyone keeps telling me how it'll be a great gun for my Ohio trips. But it'll kill more deer in PA than Ohio lol. I've killed a fair number of whitetails and have yet to shotnone beyond about 75yds. The 450 bushy will hammer them.

Was hoping on a Barnes TTSX....but haven't seen them available yet. I snagged 500 300gr Speer Deep Curls cheap. No doubt they'll hammer deer...even if they don't expand haha. Will get her to the range soon. Have 20-30 low end H110 loads worked up to get some rounds through it. Just got a lot of hobbies...and "life" lol.