I had one of those built in 1999, last century, after reading about it in HANDLOADER 187 Jun-Jul 1997:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I used a Douglas No. 3 sporter, 1:12" twist, 22" long, stainless, on a Connecticut M70 Classic Stainless Featherweight.
Donor rifle was a .270 Win in a Tupperware stock.
It did beat my 24"-barreled .35 Whelen Pre-'64 M70 (re-barreled .30-06) by a little bit.
The .35 Whelen used a Douglas No. 4 sporter, 1:12", and original walnut stock.
It was a DRT pig flattener.
The .35 Brown Whelen was eventually rebarreled to .400 Whelen-B+ with a 3.6" magazine box.
A trip to the gunsmith would be required to put that sporty .35 Brown Whelen barrel back onto it.
I won't be using that barrel as rebar in the patio project.

Richard Conrad said:

"... it was designed by one C. Norman Brown. Keith Francis of JGS was kind enough to provide the following historical information.
He says that he first made a reamer for the .35 Brown-Whelen based on a fired case received from rifle maker Keith Stegall in 1967.
Some 18 years later he supplied several sets of reamers in various calibers to a C. Norman Brown of Anchorage, Alaska."

So, in 1985 Mr. Brown bought the reamer again, made from the drawing above by JGS, dated 1985 and 1993.

Mentioned calibers: 7mm, .30, .338, .358 (.35 Brown Whelen), .375, and by the way, John Kronfeld wrote about the .400 Brown-Whelen in
BIG BORE RIFLES AND CARTRIDGES, Wolfe Publishing, 1991.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.