I just found a couple boxes of 35 Brown Whelen ammo and empties I got with the rifle. I'm running the cases through 35 Whelen dies and I see an advantage of a Brown Whelen over the 35 Whelen. It's in the case neck.
I had noticed earlier when shooting the Whelen made from 30-06 cases that there was a donut at the base of the neck on some of the cases, but not all. There wasn't a donut with the Brown Whelen cases made from 30-06 - due to the shoulder being further forward..
What I'm doing with all the 35 Whelen brass that I'm forming and now the 35 B W I'm resizing. Is loading them with some 38 Special bullets that I'd never use -- they are 125 grain hollow points. These bullets won't be set in so deep as to touch the donut. After firing these loads, I'll be running the cases into my inside trimmer, which will eliminate the donut.
It's sort of a paint. If I had to do it all over, I'd just buy 35 Whelen brass. I have now actually bought 50 ea. Nosler 35 Whelen brass, which I'll be using on jacketed bullet loads. These cases formed from 30-06 and 35 BW will be reserved for cast bullet loads.

That donut if ignored will cause the load to go "high pressure" if fired in a tight chamber - maybe most chambers - I don't know. This Whelen has a tight chamber.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally