Originally Posted by Ep3jflyer
Morning Gents, here's where I'm at this morning. Tried a 358 cal rifle bullet in the brass I expanded to 375 and FL sized in the 35 BW dies seated it above the doughnut messed with that a bit didn't seem to make a difference. I then ran some 30/06 brass thru the 35 BW FL die and tried the backwards 38 cal handgun bullet couldn't get it to work. I have some Remington 200 gr Core Locks and started seating them little by little. Got them seated approximately 1/16th below the cannelure and they are tight to chamber and will eject fine. FYI I am using CH4D Mfg dies. I borescoped this thing last night and it appears the throat in it is somewhat short. Does the fact I can use a rifle bullet in this confirm that fact? Any advice would be most welcome. I've been reloading since the late 70's but this is my first wildcat Cartridge.

If the chamber is cut to Brown Whelen spec's, you might have too long of case for the chamber. The Brown Whelen's case spec is shorter than the 35 Whelen.

I ran one of the fired Brown Whelen cases through a 35 Whelen sizing die. The Brown Whelen case was the correct length before running it through the die. After it was sized, the length of the case was correct for the 35 Whelen - it was longer than the case before it was sized.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally