Originally Posted by Ep3jflyer
Morning Gents, here's where I'm at this morning. Tried a 358 cal rifle bullet in the brass I expanded to 375 and FL sized in the 35 BW dies seated it above the doughnut messed with that a bit didn't seem to make a difference. I then ran some 30/06 brass thru the 35 BW FL die and tried the backwards 38 cal handgun bullet couldn't get it to work. I have some Remington 200 gr Core Locks and started seating them little by little. Got them seated approximately 1/16th below the cannelure and they are tight to chamber and will eject fine. FYI I am using CH4D Mfg dies. I borescoped this thing last night and it appears the throat in it is somewhat short. Does the fact I can use a rifle bullet in this confirm that fact? Any advice would be most welcome. I've been reloading since the late 70's but this is my first wildcat Cartridge.

Have you established how long the brass can be in your chamber ?
When I neck up a .30-06 case to accept .358-caliber bullet it shortens from 2.490" to 2.460".
My chamber of known JGS reamer has a length of 2.500", can handle up to 2.490" brass length, trim to 2.480" advisable for me,
if my brass ever grew to that length.
Maybe mine will be longer if blown out with the bullet-headspacing. Might even make the supposed spec of 2.450" !

I realized my previous 2.430" length production of .35 BW with R-P .35 Whelen brass was done by necking up and necking down, then Cream O' Wheat, soap plug and pistol powder.
Over 20 years later, having found that unsatisfactory in the .400 Whelen, I shall headspace on the bullet and get nice sharp shoulders with first go.

I dug out my old barrel and throat gauge dummies, will get them up in the image gallery.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.