When a writer comes out and writes stupid stuff like he did, I make a mental note: Do not read any of his articles again.

However, there is a writer that writes lots of articles on Handloader and Rifle who came out with a rather stupid statement like Petzal did, that is making a statement about how one cartridge is better than another (when he didn't know that I have knowledge that is different regarding his very uninformed and "stupid" opinion). Clearly, he should have checked with me first before writing his uninformed article.

However, I may be one of the 1% who would like to read what is wrong with a certain rifle, pistol, scope, etc. - in particular a small manufacture's equipment that I have little knowledge.

I have my favorite rifles and no one better put them down, ha ha. But I try different manufacture's rifles, pistols, scopes etc. (AKA "stuff") and when I have read nothing but good things about such "stuff" and the equipment is unknown to me. Then I find that the "stuff" needs a lot of work right out of the box, won't feed cartridges, has the wrong twist, won't work well in low light, has parts that break - often or whatever. It is at that time, I wish a person who wrote about such "stuff" would have been more honest in his review.

And as several people pointed out -- 6.5 cartridge's suck!

Last edited by Bugger; 05/08/21.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally