The shallowness of some folks shows through when someone offers an opinion that is not the same as their own. Dem/Comms do it as a matter of policy, but even conservatives can get angry because someone disagrees with their choices. When a dem/com has an opinion, and someone disagrees, they try to find a way to force the other person to change and if that can't be done they insult them and try to discredit them.

Can we think of anything less honorable or stupider then insulting a man because he likes a gun or a cartridge you don't?

As for me, I have very strongly held opinions about what bullets work well and which ones don't and how they pair up with certain cartridge cases. I hold these opinions form over 1/2 a century of hunting and guiding hunters. But the real truth is that I don't care at all what someone else uses, as long as I don't have to be the one to do the tracking if the animal runs off. Speak of all the details you like, but the real truth is that large game can be and has been killed with sticks since before guns were invented.

I for one most often use "less then the best weapon" to kill my game because I like those kind of guns more for hunting. My game is still dead, I am still eating well, and I fill about 85%-90% of my tags. The years I don't fill a tag are fairly rare and if I hunt with a flintlock rifle in regular rifle season, and I still have full or nearly full freezers at home I don't really care all that much if I don't fill the tag. If the freezers are below 1/2 I will put away my flinter or my iron sighted guns and get out a scoped 270, 8X57 9.3 or a 375.

Is a flintlock 62 cal rifle, 44 mag handgun, 357 handgun, or 9.3X57 rifle "over-rated"? How about iron sighted 300 Savage rifle, iron sighted 6.5X54 M/S, iron sighted 270 lever action?

The honest answers for me are "I don't know" and "I don't care"

Neither did the deer, elk antelope or bears.

When asked what I know and what I have seen since about 1964 in my hunting I tell people. If they take my advice that's ok, and if they don't that's ok with me too. I made a lot of mistakes using bullets that were not so good for a lot of years and I learned what works and what doesn't, but if others want to make their own mistakes and learn the same way I did that perfectly ok with me.

It's not a religion to me so I don't care if it is to anyone else.

Last edited by szihn; 05/09/21.