Yep. IF the 7mm RM is actually getting "magnum" velocities, the recoil isn't exactly fierce, but in a typical rifle it's somewhat above the level which some (not all) hunters can tolerate.

In fact, I find myself unwilling to put up with as much recoil as I did when younger. Can still shoot a .375 H&H accurately, but don't hunt with one much anymore because that sort of power isn't required for much big game.

And after experimenting with Reloder 26 in the .270 Winchester a couple years, to see if 26 was indeed the new magic velocity powder, I found it could indeed push 150-grain bullets to around 3100 fps using published data, even from the 22" barrel of my O'Connor Commemorative Model 70 Featherweight--which with scope happens to weigh exactly the same as Jack O'Connor's favorite Model 70 .270, eight pounds. Eight isn't considered a real lightweight anymore, but I found that with RL-26 and 150s my rifle kicked more like (guess what?) a 7mm Remington Magnum. And I'd never seen a .270 150 Partition "fail" on a big animal because it was only started at 2900 fps--and that includes elk, similar-sized African plains game, and the quikest-deadest bull moose I've ever seen killed. So decided that if I want 7mm RM ballistics I'll use a 7mm RM, not a .270

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck