Originally Posted by Mule Deer
44mc,
Originally Posted by 44mc
I don't know why any body who has a mind of his own care what somebody said about what cartridge is good or bad . you should be smart enuff to figger that out buy your self for you own needs . if you can't maybe you need to not be involved in shooting firearms . just my op .

How is somebody who's never hunted with a certain cartridge, or hunted specific big game with any cartridge, supposed to "figger that out buy yourself for you own needs"?

Am not saying Petzal is right, because I don't think he's being serious. But have heard a lot of contradictory suggestions from supposedly experienced elk outfitters about the relative effectiveness of the .270 Winchester and 7mm Remington Magnum. Many have involved a total ignorance of various modern bullets. Have heard the same wide differences of opinion on very similar cartridges from African professional hunters on elk-sized plains game..

From your previous posts I am guessing you don't have a lot of elk experience or hunting in Africa. So exactly do you plan to "figger that out" if you ever get a chance to hunt those animals?

We're born knowing. At least we're supposed to be. That's one of my main takeaways from my time on here