Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Both my wife and I feel pretty depressed watching people who seemingly question nothing and just believe whatever they are told. Am I crazy? How are you guys seeing this? Anyone feel the same?

Yes, I think you're crazy. I think you're applying a double standard unless you are spending hours a day pouring over medical journals ... that's what's necessary to understand what is happening on your own. If you're not doing that, you're just as guilty of following blindly as the people you're criticizing, the only difference is your choice of who to follow.

It's like this. I do have the background to understand most of what they're saying about COVID. It's a little dated, but it is necessary for one of my interests. I do not want that jab. The pfizer and moderna shots are not vaccines, they are genetic engineering. At the same time, several people I know pretty well have gotten COVID and been damned sick. One may not make it .. a long-hauler. As an alternative to those two very bad things, masks, despite not being very effective) and a lot of extra handwashing do not look so bad. Especially since, at least for the time being, life allows me to stay employed while not having to interact with more than a very few people.

It is likely that I'll have to go back to work on-site sometime late summer or maybe early fall. Given the considerations, I may well get vaccinated ... J&J, because though less effective, it is a vaccine, not genetic engineering, a technology with a much longer track record.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...