Originally Posted by beretzs
Your 338 is 7 flat with a scope BSA?

Nope, with scope mounts. Running aluminum bottom metal helps lighten it a little. Plus the H&H receiver is slightly lighter than a standard receiver..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It was 7 3/4 pounds with the Swaro on top:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Now it is around 8 pounds all up with the Conquest on top. I prefer the Conquest over the Z3 Swaro. As for bottom metal, like I said, never have had an issue with any model 70 factory bottom metal. Especially the pre 64 models. I know there are guys that swear they have issues, but it always makes me wonder. I am known to tinker and fine tune my rifles though. I've ran into issues where the bottom metal may need to be glass bedded or a simple washer added as a shim. Whatever it takes to make it work and not cause issues. I don't think a pricey aftermarket bm is really worth it, unless it's a full on CUSTOM. Some others may disagree. I will say this, like I have in the past many times before: I will not use a rifle that does not function 100%, 100% of the time.. Hint.. Oh, and you know me well enough by now that I don't even have to tell you how accurate it needs to be...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA