If I am going to build a custom rifle then I want all the bells and whistles, then if I ever want to sell it I will get top dollar..If you cut the corners on a custom job it will resell for 50 cents on the dollar, and I mean if you cut just one cornor.

A proper big bore for instance with quarter rib, 3 leaf sight, custom bottom metal, barrel band swivel, barrel band front sight, custom trigger, M-70 safety, control feed, Talley bolt 4 panal engraved, top of the line barrel and surface ground action with double square bridges, exhibition European walnut with leather covered recoil pad and 46 LPI or finer perhaps will cost you a bundle but it will also increase in value dramatically over the years, even with some hard use.

The cheap bottom metal gun, etc. etc, is not an investment and it devalues the minute you fire the first shot through it. Unless it becomes a collector for some reason your up the proverbial creek on resale..

At least that has been my experience over the last 65 plus years that I been messing with these things.

Last edited by atkinson; 08/07/09.