Originally Posted by JRGunmaker
I was asking you a question Matt. You didn't answer.

Here's the question again:
Is the draft machined @ 2deg while the floorplate mating surface is flat?

The answer, which would have been answered had you ever used one of our pieces was YES..............

When speaking of rubbed the wrong way, I know the feeling..............

If you want to compare products and justify why one costs more or less than the other, than I think it would only be fair for you to explain how you are making those assumptions when you haven't used the product.

I can appreciate good craftsmanship and I, along with many others are willing to pay for it, within reason..............That however is the rub.

The bottom metal below does not impress me in the craftsmanship department and the fact that I've seen at least a hundred more that were similiar, leads me to believe that it's SOP to let that kind of work out the door. These parts would be in my chip bin, but they were sold as IN-THE-WHITE.

I could see a guy using up the better part of a day to get that to the level you polished the guards above....Heck, maybe more.

The problem is, with parts that require an extensive amount of rework, filing, and sanding, they should be priced less than me, not the other way around.

Notice the tool marks on either side of the guard screw hole..........
That you will never see on my parts

[Linked Image]

Take note of the mismatch of the machined radius.......That's a scrap part in my shop.
[Linked Image]

Same radius, different angle.

[Linked Image]

In this picture you can see the tool marks that are worse than any nail file I've ever seen and the mismatched radius on either side of the mag well is also very apparent as illustrated above.
Take note of the mismatched surface on the front tang around the guard screw hole that was clearly machined in 3 different passes.

[Linked Image]

If this is what you consider an upgrade from what I manufacture, then we certainly have a different idea of what quality is.

I priced the bottom metal at a rate that I thought was fair and what the market would support. I'm in the business to make money, but I'd rather explain to my customers how I make what I do for the price I charge, than why I charge so much for what I make.

You are right in the fact that it's always good to have choices and competition, but I think that prior to me posting this information, it was also a bit one-sided on "getting what you pay for"....
Just because a person feels compelled to spend more, doesn't mean necessarily that they're getting more.

For the record, there has never been, nor will there ever be a Savage in my stable of rifles.