Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Mannyspd1, did you get that b gun in 2010 or 2011 on the round barrel run? Bill and another guy I know as well as myself all ordered b- guns on that run. Bill had a curiosity that continually led him to finding answers for his questions and he was not afraid to do so. He told me that like the original business 45-2.1" he ordered his with a 1 in 20 twist. At the time 1 in 18 was std and no small amount are spec'ed 1 in 16. Bill wanted the 1 in 20 original twist to work with 400 gr bullets like the originals. Bill was a big fan of the penetrating and killing power of the Lyman Gov't 500+ grain round nose bullet but wanted to experience original weight bullets. The curiosity factor right there. Bill was a wealth of knowledge we've all lost. Mb

Originally Posted by mannyspd1
Magnum Bob,
Yes, that is when I got it. Ordered it as soon as I got back from the trip. I already had a 50 and a 45 2⁷/⁸, so the 45-70 seemed the way to go. Easy to load for and shoot, and a nice hunting gun.

Bill got me started on the 457125 Lyman Gov. bullet cast 30-1. I ended up shooting an upsized copy of that bullet in my 50, weighing 700 grains.

Then he got me started on paperpatch. I see a pattern here? Lol

On the trip I was on with Bill, he had some Lyman Gov bullets, some paperpatch weighing just over 500 grains, and the 457121 weighing 480 ish? He wanted to compare performance of the different bullets on game.

Manny

A very Smart, and Intelligent Man with an inquisitive mind, that most can't imagine! It really does explain the nick name "Sir Bagwell" that some gave him!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!