My Dad wasn't a hunter, he didn't own any guns either. Lucky for me my Uncle Hank was a deer hunter. He wasn't a collector by any stretch. In the 62 years I knew him all he ever had was my grandfathers Winchester 1894 30-30 and a sporterized 30-40 Krag. When I was 18 I was headed in the wrong direction. Drinking and drugs and getting in trouble. The rest of the world thought I need my arse kicked but Uncle Hank decided to take me deer hunting at the club he belonged to. That changed my life for the better. He introduced me to his camp buddies, some of whom were serious gun guys. My folks saw that Uncle Hank had lit a fire under me and a year later they bought me my first gun, a Marlin 336 in 30-30. I started going to gun shows and buying more guns on my own and soon realized that those "old" guys were pretty cool to hang out with. Uncle Hank passed away last year and he left me his Winchester 1894 NRA Commemorative 30-30 that was presented to him when he moved on from teaching Agriculture to be the Principal at the local tech school. I put a peep sight on it and took it out on opening day last year.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.