No. My grandfather was accidentally shot in the stomach by his uncle when he was 18, in 1910. It took them several hours to get him to Staunton to the hospital and he had the bullet in his guts the rest of his life (61 more years!). Dad's older brothers hunted squirrels some, my dad not much. I had a bb gun and a friends father taught me to shoot a shotgun and .22. I started hunting deer a little bit in my late 20s, but until 3 years ago I had only one C.F. rifle, one .22 and 2 pistols. At 50 I bought my first pre-64 Model 70, and I've turned into something of a gun nut. I now have 4 Model 70s, a Winchester 69, an Ithaca 37 and a Stevens 87a, along with a Colt Commander. I started mounting my own scopes a couple of years ago. I appreciate all the help guys on here have given me, I'm always willing to listen and learn.

I'm also of the Jack O'Connor school. There was an April, 1965 copy of Outdoor Life laying around school when I was 12 or 13. The Ram and The Silver Bullet was the story that sparked an interest in hunting in me and I've been an O'Connor fan ever since.

Last edited by AlleghenyMountain; 07/06/21. Reason: Misspelled word