Being from a pioneer family, guns were something everyone in my family had. My paternal grandfather was chief deputy of our county and had quite a collection. The first thing my dad did when he got to Europe in WWII was trade his M1 for a Springfield (he had no love of those new fangled automatics). My mom's dad was somewhat of an outlaw (made for some interesting family gatherings) and although he didn't have many guns, was an avid hunter. He took one of his biggest deer at 93. He had my brothers and I hunting quail at a very tender age with a single shot hammer 410, a true lesson in humility.
My brothers and I all started helping dad reload as soon as we could be relied on to do any chore like case trimming. My oldest brother was an avid reloader and the real loony of the family and went on to be a design engineer at RCBS.
I am not a loony because I only buy guns for a good reason. I just keep coming up with more reasons!

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor