I started buying guns when I was 11 with my own money I made mowing and farm work. 1st gun I bought was a M55 winchester semi auto single shot 22 cost me 10 dollars. Guy at the hardware store knew my dad but asked me if it was ok with my folks and I said yes he said ok. They wrapped it in brown paper and it went home with me on my bike. When I was 14 I bought my first handgun a Ruger single six in 22 mag the guy who sold it to me said he'd take it back if dad didn't like it. Dad was more worried that I'd get a piece of junk than a good gun..I was probably the 1st 14 year old to go to the sheriff's office and put in for a ccp. Back then was no age restriction and it was up to the sheriff or the Sec of State. The codified law said they didn't have to issue one but it was up to them. Had 1 ever since. One day the sheriff asked me if I had ever used birdshot in the ss and I told him yup next thing I know he had me shooting pigeons off the courthouse window sills with it and later on off the upper ledge with graphite gallery shorts in my mossberg 22 rifle. No body needed to tell me if I screwed up even once I was done. My dad would take my older brother and I pheasant hunting. When I turned 17 we both put in for deer licenses and we both shot bucks for the first time. He owned a few guns but they weren't his life they were mine.
I taught him in his 70's how to reload center fire ammo.
He passed away last fall at 96 and 4 months, ww2 vet, dad, husband of 70 years, friend to many and a solid citizen.one of the greatest generation. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "