I'll get my popcorn. Although in this forum, we are pretty civil. I wont badmouth the BACO too much, but believe the infamous Winchester model 70 should be made in the states. I do like the fwt models the op mentioned and have not seen qc issues with them, but I've heard there have been some issues with the latter models (7 digit classics). Like anything I guess. My favorites are the pre 64's, but the look of the classic featherweight stocks are nicer. Even nicer/more appealing than the Portuguese fwt. For some reason, the baco stock looks like a pregnant guppy, as compared to the pre 64, XTR, and classic stock. I hate to mention the box trigger in the BACO, because its not liked by the die hard model 70 guys. I can personally live with it after I install an ernie spring and get the pull weight down to 2.5 pounds. The pre64 style trigger always needs to be fine tuned as well. I like a crisp clean 2.5 pound pull and you cant get that with just an adjustment. As far as hunting rifles go, all of the model 70's are great. They all need to be properly glass bedded to achieve the best/most consistent accuracy. But once done right, you never have to worry about it again. Thats my take.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA