Certainly nothing to be ashamed of in that beauty, Herr Glock! From the days of the Model 54, believe 1934 forward, the Wincher bolt rifles with essentially the stocks (such as cheekpieces/butt drop angle, checkering pattern excepted), much the same. Only a few of the very early nineties SG labeled models without such as the black forend tip & SG swivels something of a dip. Otherwise, seems the SG image largely sustained! My .338 Win from '93 has tiger striping & quite nice. My 338 Win vintage 1960 also a beauty, with the more traditional pre '64 cheekpiece. Happy for the few I own!

As far as Browning parent. I can't particularly comment beyond generalization. I do understand their main focus nowadays, armaments. On wider scale, so many of the old quality names are now in Chinese inventory. Some of them good/great products, too many others... Not. I tend not to identify by brands in many such instances. With Winchesters, the only truly dark period in early '64+ era with material 'hit' to the brand. The Model 70... What to say! Pretty terrible. Their lever group finish pretty poor and only a bit better across the better part of two decades!

I've generally stuck to the older Winchesters, as many other brands. But SG's like the above, a definite lure!

Just my take!
Best!
John