10Glocks,

If I rqemember correctly, BACO "Portuguese" rifles m70 rifles. are ASSEMBLED in Portugal. The metal work (barrel, action) is MADE at the FN plant in South Carolina-USA.

I just don't know if the BACO-era m70 bolt design changed (if changed at all) when assembly was moved from South Carolina to Portugal. The bolt is not MADE in Portugal, but at the FN/BACO-SouthCarolina.

A true "one-piece bolt" has the bolt handle , body, and lugs made from one contiguous piece of material.
Based on a picture above, the bolt handle has a 'pock-marked" surface, while the holt body is "smooth.". To me, this indicate two parts-made separately ( and perhaps by different processes, certainly to different finish quality standards). I am not sure if that picture was showing a "post-2007/BACO m70" bolt, or a "post-64, pre-BACO/pre-2007" bolt. The write up was not 100% clear on the era of the pictured "pock marked bolt handled" bolt.

Personally, I need more proof or evidence that the BACO-era Win m70 bolt body and handle are made from a single, contiguous piece of steel, whether a BACO-South Carolina made/finished bolt ( ~2007-2012 mfg), or BACO-South Carolina made/Potugal assembled bolt (~2013-present).

FWIW, the Howa 1500 bolt handle and body are machined from one contiguous piece of steel.

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."