Jeffrey,
I've enjoyed reading this thread and am looking forward to hearing about your hunt. Take pics and share with us afterwards please!

Lots of advice already on here. I do have some comments and observations.

It sounds like you are preparing to set up a spike camp as a "camp of opportunity ", in case you spot something in the evening you want to put it to bed and be on it in the morning. (A least that is one scenario. ) That means you will be carrying all the camping equipment every day on your back, whether you use it or not? You may not use it at all, or maybe on day 5, but been humping it up and back for the first 4 days kinda thing?

Make sure you've figured out how you are going to pack the animal out. Are your packs full of camping and sleeping equipment, so you would have to return to the vehicle, empty packs, and return to pack out meat? Or can you guys get a bull down and pack it out without having to empty packs? Make sure if you return to the kill, somebody has a gun, somebody has bear spray. It's November I get it, but you never know about bears. Be prepared for a bear on your kill, just in case.

Do you guys know how to bone out a carcass and pack it out? If not, learn. The only bone I would pack out is the head, leave the rest. If you bone out the meat and have lots of room in your packs, the 3 of you should be able to get it out in one trip, but it is going to be heavy.

That's it from me, the biggest issue I saw nobody mentioned was logistics on getting the animal out with your already loaded packs. You guys will figure it out Im sure. Have fun and please lets us know how it went.

Manny

Last edited by mannyspd1; 07/07/21.