Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
[quote=Joezone]For the colder weather make sure you have insulated boots or packs that are up to the challenge.

We all have good boots and packs. We will have to invest in a good tent and sleeping bags.

I think there's a few different vendors for the GI stuff, but the one I'm familiar with was clearly a Wiggy's. They're a good example of a piece of gear that is heavier and larger than you'd like but which will save you if conditions are much worse than expected. They are legitimately warm when wet, which is not true of almost any other commercial bag.

My experience is modest compared to many of you, but I tend to over research my hunting gear. As far as I can see, the Wiggy's sleeping bags, Lamilite socks, boots ponchos, parkas, et al. are just plain worth whatever one pays, and are far better than highly-rated alternatives that I've had for years. They work awfully well for me, even in heavy snow and slush.

Jerry doesn't seem to advertise except for his very crusty comments on his website and the many personal testimonials from customers there. He does personally answer his mail and told me what works best (including products from other sources!)

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).