Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Might wanna be asking why the dude barricaded himself before we get all weepy about one side or the other. Probably a dirtbag and deserving of a dirt nap, but it isn’t always, and times being what they are, we ought to be reserving judgement until we know what is actually happening. Nothing posted here gives enough detail to make that determination.

True. Just out of curiosity though, what are the acceptable scenarios that you can imagine where you would shoot four LEO's, then barricade yourself in your house?

Hadn’t really envisioned a day that bad, just somehow got used to the idea
that a man was innocent until proven guilty, and thought we might wanna know what started it before we set the house on fire and burn him alive. Like I said, probably a dirtbag, but this is still America, and lynch mobs are still not a good thing.

Now, I will tell ya, if anyone tries kicking my door in in the night, things will get interesting, because I have done nothing to expect cops visiting me. So I would assume it was a home invasion, at least initially. Folks could die. Or if folks come trying to take my guns or dog, badges notwithstanding, folks will likely die. Don’t expect it, but there it is. Never been a divorced parent with little kids the State wants to place with a druggie ex, either. Probably more things that might tip that scale. Those are just the immediate possibilities.