Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Might wanna be asking why the dude barricaded himself before we get all weepy about one side or the other. Probably a dirtbag and deserving of a dirt nap, but it isn’t always, and times being what they are, we ought to be reserving judgement until we know what is actually happening. Nothing posted here gives enough detail to make that determination.

True. Just out of curiosity though, what are the acceptable scenarios that you can imagine where you would shoot four LEO's, then barricade yourself in your house?

Hadn’t really envisioned a day that bad, just somehow got used to the idea
that a man was innocent until proven guilty, and thought we might wanna know what started it before we set the house on fire and burn him alive. Like I said, probably a dirtbag, but this is still America, and lynch mobs are still not a good thing.

Now, I will tell ya, if anyone tries kicking my door in in the night, things will get interesting, because I have done nothing to expect cops visiting me. So I would assume it was a home invasion, at least initially. Folks could die. Or if folks come trying to take my guns or dog, badges notwithstanding, folks will likely die. Don’t expect it, but there it is. Never been a divorced parent with little kids the State wants to place with a druggie ex, either. Probably more things that might tip that scale. Those are just the immediate possibilities.

"Innocent until proven guilty" doesn't apply to someone shooting at you.

When you show up on a scene. and two people are shooting at one another, you just shoot them both? Or try to figure out what’s happening? A lot of folks here say shoot whichever one they deem less acceptable, which currently happens to be the not a cop. As stated, I suspect the guy iis a dirtbag, but we don’t KNOW that yet. And yet some want to burn the house and shoot the guy. Look, anyone who waits to hear the full story before calling for a resolution isn’t hating anyone. Folks like that have been known to keep a lynch mob off an innocent man at times. Might be a welcome fella if it was YOU the mob was after.

And a few people on here are Marxist trolls who think any dead cop is a good thing. Fortunately, none of them are not as smart as they think they are.

Well that ain’t me, by a long shot. But neither am I a hero-hungry sycophant willing to overlook almost anything as long as the proper uniform is worn. I am an American. A healthy dose of skepticism used to be standard equipment for us, and a mild distrust of government. Such is seeming to be long gone, guess I’m just too damn old. I despise a dirtbag more than most, get along well with most of the local cops. When the sheriff needs something done to his house, he calls me. Would help any of those guys in a heartbeat, as long as they are in the right. Doesn’t mean I will ignore it if they start up acting badly. No matter what, I will always reserve judgement until I know the facts of the case. That’s how we are supposed to think. Most of the posters in this thread are nobody I would want on a jury. Especially if I was the one on trial.