I am relatively young(52). But I feel old. It is not my physical, spiritual or even mental age. It is just that people really don't seem to know guns anymore. I guess it is because even at the lgs people don't talk about guns much anymore. People are caught up on twisting turrets and 6.5 manbun. People don't complain about the lack of primers here. They just buy factory. Nobody talks about Elmer, Jack or Warren. They shoot tikkers in 300wsm and go in to check their zeros and then go hunting. The pendulum has swung to the side that the rifle is a tool like a hammer. My uncle recently was killed in a car wreck near Ogalla Nebraska. He would talk guns with me. He was very practical but had knowledge. My father who passed on three years ago really knew guns and I miss him. It seems that most people I am around are much younger and have zilch for deep knowledge of guns and even practical knowledge of how to squeeze accuracy out of them. This week I bought a new edition colt python. It had been on the shelf for about a month and I just gave up and bought it. I don't have anybody even to tell me that a SW 686 is a better gun. I see a bunch of folks that don't appreciate the finer elements of guns. I wonder if any of you feel that way.