Well, I'm bumping 80 and here I sit with a hunting season opening today. Federal Subsistence Caribou Season opened today but It's to damned hot to handle meat and then there's the bugs.
I'm only a month away from waterfowl and moose seasons but I have to catch a few lake trout first.

I have two great-nephews that have picked up on guns and hunting and we're having a great time as they transition from black street guns to accurate bolt guns. We were recently at the range where I was shooting my new Volquartzen 17HMR and shooting holes in quarters at 100 yards.They soon realized that their magazine dump shooting was seldom on the paper. Good young men that grew up on the East Coast and Europe but they are turning this way rapidly.

We old phardtz are fading fast and I can't believe some of the nice collections I'm seeing in gun stores. A recent trip to Los Anchorage revealed a multitude of Winchester lever guns in Great Northern Guns and Boondocks.Wonderful old Stevens single shots and even a bunch of Marlins in Fairbanks at Wood and Steel.