76 and been a gun guy since I found a 1944 Gun Digest of dads. Starting to read with it was way more fun than the Dick dickin Jane books we had in school. I met a few of the lesser writers, Monte, Steindler, Ackerman and corresponded with Skelton and others. Several of my friends were into it and we were in the golden age (58-65) of surplus gems. I bought something every two weeks. Now, I have a few friends in my gun club, older like myself who know guns but most are specialized into rimfires, cast bullets, tactical handguns, ARs and such. 96% of my collection is walnut and blue steel. I'm the club guru on reloading which is scary but I've saved a few eyes or hands, I'm sure. I've gotten into many things, black powder from 68-80, cast bullets competition in the late 70s, early 80s. Heavy into trap since 78. The new kids in our club buy new, like plastic, and most don't reload. Some of the older guys reload shotgun and about die when their favorite powder is discontinued. My favorite guns in the safe, 1953 M70 30-06, 1947 M12 Skeet, M19 Smith, M15 Smith, Browning Superposed Lightning and an 1892 Winchester my brother and I had converted to 357 during the "Rifleman" years.
Trap gun #1 is an 870 from 1975 with about 300K rounds through it. It is fun to take the cash from a squad shooting 725 Trap Combos, Ceasar Gs, 686s or Ljutics and Alfermans. NRA shotgun instructor and youth h.s. team coach. Yeah, most folks I know, even shooting folks just don't know much about guns. "You made that flintlock?". " How did you make that mould". "Taper crimp"? "Lead bullets in a rifle, why?". I just sit back and enjoy and am happy to share knowledge with those who ask and want to learn. Now, if the damn gubmint will just let us enjoy our safer than most any other sport in peace.