Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by dave7mm
[quote=jorgeI]At the recent National Small Bore competition in PA, below is a survey of equipment used. I guess most of these guys didn't get the memo on Leupolds....

Shooting low recoil rimfires at 100 yards or less....
dave

Although I don't have the list, you will find 90% plus of the centerfire silhouette shooters shooting out 500 meters are using Leupold too.

The fact that we're shooting smallbore at 100 meters and less is immaterial in the often repeated fable that Leupold repeatable adjustments suck. Every match requires at least 4 major adjustments to shoot the various animals (for my rifle/scope/ammo it's from 0 on chickens to 11.5 on rams) plus an occasional mid-relay tweak for wind. In a season most of use will shoot 4-5K rounds. That's a lot of adjusting. If they didn't work you wouldn't see that much bias towards Leupold. .

But then, well, it's just facts, not hyperbole so worth nothing to the CF Optics section.

ESPECIALLY in the optics section... I started this thread on purpose and like flies around horseshit, enter the hyperbole haters...And speaking of recoil, I probably shoot more big bores than most folks and guess what? They track and hold zero.....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”