I typically don't get involved in the Leopold fire pissing contest anymore.
It's been a number of years ago now. But in my time messing with Leopold's flippy erector in short range BR.
A 6 mm PPC bench gun that would shoot an aggregate in the .150s all of a sudden would be lucky to shoot a half inch group. It happened to me repeatedly across three different Leopold Bench rest scopes.
Did the Leopold Mary go around with United parcel service for a while. One on the gun one in transit to Oregon and another one either ready to go to Oregon or ready to go on the gun.
Finally got them tuckerized which resolved the problem completely.
Never had a stock Leopold go over 950 rounds without having the erector float. Very common problem.
I'm reminded of being at the rifle range seeing some poor sap sitting there pounding on his deer rifle shooting inch and a half groups saying repeatedly that the rifle used to shoot tighter than that and of course it almost in every case there was a Leopold on top.
Sad.
From what I've read its only gone down hill.
For competition I run March and Nightforce.
For hunting it's S&B.
I simply don't have time to mess with an inferior rifle optic.
That they're using them in the short range silhouette game. Doesn't surprise me. They're cheap they're light and they're running them on a 12 lb rifle that has virtually no recoil.
Sounds like a good place for them.

Dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.