Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by dave7mm
I typically don't get involved in the Leopold fire pissing contest anymore.

Dave

IT turns into a pissing contest because people like YOU turn it into one. All I did was publish a data sheets with numbers. PERIOD.

Regarding "strictly data/numbers", I wonder how many of the 81 are using a currently available model Leupold vs. say the long discontinued fixed 16x that seems to be the "grail" scope for that discipline.

That is certainly a fair and valid question I don't have an answer for....

What exactly did you expect to happen when you posted this data set here with this title?

Your admonishment of a poster with disparate experiences than your own suggests that you're either obtuse, or trying to hide behind a facade of "good intentions" in the form of a Leupold PSA.

Actually, if your comprehension was up to par and read what I posted, it's the exact opposite . In fact, if you READ what I posted to my good friend John 55, it might prove enlightening. But just in case it "takes" what part of "I'm not a knob turner" did you not get? As to what I expected, your post, along with a few others here, are indicative of what I predicted. I do have to say, I found your comment about "they lose zero" whilst sitting in your safe, particularly amusing...

I re-read your posts. My initial discernment stands. Not sure what "not being a knob twister" has to do with a good portion of what's been discussed in this thread, or, more specifically, how it interrelates with my comments, but its obviously important to you to point out again the functionality you don't expect from your equipment.

In point of fact, you posted much more than the "Data sheets with numbers. PERIOD". You purposefully gave the thread an oxymoronic title, and in addition to the "Data Sheets", you added "Guess most of these guys didn't get the memo on Leupold". That's pretty standard trolling bait. To which, I admit, I bit. What I found worthy of pointing out is that you then proceeded to show ire towards and accuse posters, who simply shared their experiences with the subject matter, of doing exactly what you actually did in kicking the thread off. You basically dared the CF community at large to disagree with what you obviously considered to be a substantive metric that would definitively quell all of those nasty, distressing, baseless, Troglodyte Leupold "haters" on The Fire, and then got hurt feelings over people doing what you claimed to have expected them to do at the outset. Hence my comment on your intentions and expectations with this thread

As to scopes loosing zero in a safe: How would you classify it when scopes change POI between uses? I'm far from the first one to report on such phenomenon with Leupolds. I can state that without any black magic, priests, or lengthy incantations, such goings on went away when I branched out to other brands of scope. Anyhoo, glad you haven't noticed any such shortfalls yet and are happy so far with your equipment. As previously stated, I hope your luck holds.

Last edited by Starbuck; 09/02/21.