Originally Posted by elkhunternm
I don't remember all the scopes I used but two stick out, a Leupold 12x and a Weaver T-10.

I started with an El Paso Weaver T-10 as my first dedicated scope, within a year or so I moved up to a T-16 and to this day I still think that they were absolutely the best silhouette scope ever designed. I used T-16's for a lot of years and never had a failure to track, or even better, I never doubted the tracking on them. They still show up occasionally but their weight and so-so optics put them out of favor, most of the ones still out there show a lot of yellowing on the lens, but they still track great. I still don't understand why someone isn't building a scope with the micro-trac system, the patent has to long expired. If I ever run across a T-16 at a reasonable price I will likely buy it just for old times sake.

When I started competing the state of the art High-Power Standard was a Rem 700 Varminter, in a Fajen thumbhole stock silhouette stock, with a Weaver T-16 on it. A friend still has one set up like that and I shot it a few years ago and it was still a competitive set-up. I had forgotten how good the Fajen stock felt.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.