Hello all.
I have been thinking about making all of the flash holes in my .223 brass the same size. The reason is just to simply get the same amount of primer flash into the powder, every time. I have been measuring the holes with my numbered drill bit set. It seems that most of the brass has a hole larger than .078 but smaller than .086" in diameter. There are occasional variations to this but most of the holes fall in between these 2 numbers. Has anyone drilled out the flash holes in order to get uniform ignition in .223 and if so what did you settle on ??

I'm finding that very little brass is being removed with #45 drill bit (.082) and more brass is being removed with the #44 bit (.086) in most of the holes. One glaring exception is Aguilar brass and the #44 fall right through without touching a side. And the Winchester 5.56 brass the #45 bit goes right through but the #44 takes just a bit off. Has anyone done this before ??

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.