Originally Posted by Swifty52
BSA,
You are right. I have tweaked brass many times primer pockets, deburred flash holes etc. but never enlarged the flash hole as it seems to be a complete waste of time. Where I think the OP is headed is down a rabbit hole that doesn’t lead to wonderland. Not once has he given a baseline in velocity.
Velocity = pressure just because all of a sudden a Mini14 and AR which are known to have generous chamber dimensions start chucking brass different doesn’t tell me a damn thing. I can say the same about my AR’s as I use a brass catcher. All go into a neat little pile in the bag. 😀 Did pressure go up or down? Sounds like down as it degassed his semi autos.
Whether it’s 5 shot or 10 shot groups the goal is the same shoot into one small hole. I usually run two 5 shot groups and chronograph with a 35P. I very rarely shoot the bullseye since I was taught to never shoot out your aiming point. When that’s gone you have to guess where in that hole to hold.
Also using wind as a reason for sh*t groups is no excuse. The OP sounds like he doesn’t know how to use wind flags, you shoot the conditions, waiting for a lull in winds to shoot a calm condition can be another exercise in futility.
Pick a single flag position that puts your sighters where you want them 10 ring for score or wherever on the scoring target for group and then shoot the same exact condition. A lot of times shooting full value is easier.

I applaud the OP’s efforts, but my opinion is he’s pissing in the wind.

Amen buddy. Great post.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA