Originally Posted by 1minute
And folks have been uniforming their brass for how long?

"uniforming" to what extent? I've never drilled out each individual flash hole. It is unnecessary. A lot of guys are searching for some magic cure to their inaccuracy problems. A little hint here, make sure there is no burr and that they are centered and fairly uniform in size. They don't have to be 3mm in size. There's a reason SAMMI spec is there. If they say a .076-.082" flash hole is acceptable (and it is), then go with it. If there was some magic in a huge flash hole, I guarantee people like Lapua would be on top of it, yet they abide by SAMMI specifications. If you guys are not producing sub moa ammo, something is wrong with your loading process, load work up process, skill or shooting technique/marksmanship (or lack thereof) or your rifle. Not because the flash hole is the wrong size. If you are unhappy with your LC brass, buy Lapua. OP, are you loading for benchrest competitions? What kind of rifle are you shooting this 223 ammo in? What kind of accuracy are you getting right now with your handloads? I'm talking consistent accuracy. 5 shot groups are almost a joke for any 223 rem. 10 shots is a better indication of what a rifle and shooter can do. I'd also take heed in what swifty52 said about drilling the flash hole too big. You could actually do some damage to your rifle, by doing this.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA