Originally Posted by NVhntr
You piqued my interest. I have loads of LC brass I think I'll try this with. Maybe factory size for control, and then stepping up to 3mm as in the information above.
I want to see if that 28% accuracy improvement is obtainable. I'm not going to worry about offset flash holes, I'll just use brass with centered holes.

That sounds interesting. I loaded up 25 rounds with the opened up flash holes to try against 25 rounds of previously loaded ammo that does not have the uniformed holes. This load will be 24.4 grains of 3031 since that is what I had already loaded. My hole will be the .086" hole against what ever is in the previously loaded ammo. I will be shooting it out of my 18" Ruger American in .223. The gun is already pretty accurate but I'm always looking for just a little more. I was pretty impressed where the spent brass was landing when shooting the Mini 14 and the AR today so I know something changed.

I am not brave enough to go to a 3 mm hole so I will be watching.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.