Originally Posted by Mach3

Basically yes, I want a great opportunity with a very high success percentage to kill a great buck. It doesn't HAVE to be in a fence.

Don’t short yourself...
I caribou hunted the mulchatna herd b4 most heard of it.
I hunted the Gila for elk , drew a license the first try, b4 the rags wrote it up.
I hunted the Yellowstone River for whitetail b4 realtree got going.....

Every hunt in my life has been experience over inches.
I killed some good ones, nothing jaw dropping, but every experience surpassed bone inches.

If you let yourself get caught up in chasing inches, you will always be unsatisfied.

I did work for a man that owned a forge. He went on a “preserve hunt” for elk. He had that bull up on his wall. The “hunt” he told made that average bull even less.

No horse bells ringing in the cool mountain air. No elk bugles echoing at night. No sparks off the horses hoofs riding in, in the am...... my 5x4 Wyoming wilderness bull punked his bull’s memory.

I spoke with one of the most respected brokers of whitetail hunts in Texas. He made a hunt there sound like ordering a hamburger. Plain burger (130”) =x burger with lettuce ( 140”) =x+ burger lettuce tomato (150”) x++

You get the point.....

Don’t sell yourself short. Anything that means anything doesn’t come easy. And it shouldn’t. Book a trip to Alberta.
Or Saskatchewan, or the milk river.... and if you fail, you failed at something......

My .02
Worth what you paid for it.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....