Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by SandBilly
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Wonder what this one cost..

Imagine the story told by the doctor in his cigar room playing Texas Hold’em with his associates.

So, there I was, in deep West Texas, with the sun beating down on me. My eyes filled with sweat from jumping out of the customized Toyota Tundra to make haste to the side of paved road.

Looking for the best field position to shoot from, I immediately realized, I’d left my shooting stix with attached rifle saddle in the Toyota...

I made a quick decision to use hand signs, instead of telling my guide to bring me my shooting platform. I didn’t want to spook this magnificent buck I was about to take.

I made a “V” with my fingers and with my other hand, I laid my arm into the “V” using my finger to simulate pulling my rifles trigger...

Guides aren’t very intelligent, because he casually said back to me after he finished swallowing a gulp of his coffee - “What do you need?”...Imbecile, obviously hasn’t spent much time in the field around game animals...

Anyway, the guide eventually brought me my shooting stix/saddle. So, there I was. My Blaser R8 Professional in 300 Win was now set in a firm, vice like grip inside the saddle...The good Lord was looking out for me this day, no doubt, because the buck hadn’t moved an inch since I jumped out of the Toyota.

I took a quick range with my Swarovski EL Binocular Rangefinder. 47 yards, umm, I mean 470 yards was immediately displayed on the glass.

I settled my crosshairs on my Swarovski Z8i behind the bucks massive shoulder and let her rip...The recoil was stiff, as you can imagine if you ever shot a massive 300 Winchester Magnum. The buck, must’ve had incredible luck by taking a step right before I yanked the trigger, because I missed - which I never do...

Quickly, I chambered another rocket, and now faced with a more difficult shot with the buck turned, staring right at me...I had to make a precision shot into its face.

“Oh”, said an associate...”Is that why your deer mount has a different face on it than the buck pictured that you shot “?

“Yes”, said the doctor...”Bet you didn’t realize there is a sub-specialty in taxidermy, called plastic face surgery taxidermy”

“Wow”....”That sounds like an amazing hunt”...”Can we now see the flop card “?

LOL

🦫

😂 😆 you know it happens a lot.

Fo sure...

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”