Mach3: Pardon the Scheißevögel . As you may have been able to discern, there is a real bias against hunting deer behind fences on this forum. You'll find that a lot on deer hunting forums. I think I understand what you're looking for. Using the term "ranch" is what set them off. Also, I have not heard of anything in the states you mention.

As I understand it, you're looking for a fair chase guided hunt for whitetails. Those animals exist out here in Ohio and Kentucky. I just don't have any recommendations, but they do exist and folks come back with good results. I would do a Google search of things like "Kentucky Whitetail Guides" or "Ohio Whitetail Outfitter" or some such thing. These won't be high-fenced hunts.

Both Ohio and Kentucky have excellent Whitetail opportunities both public and private. The problem is going to be finding a booking for this year. My guess is that will be hard to find.

Some things to consider:

1) I know the AEP power lands south of Zanesville, Ohio are prime deer territory, and they're free. You just go to the office in McConnelsville and register. You can guide yourself. They have camping facilities and everything you need. There are big racks in Eastern Ohio.

2) There are several hunting preserves in Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennessee that serve up exotics behind fences, but they also have associated guided whitetail operations that are fair chase. The closest one to me is Paul Richter's operation Shawnee Hunting Preserve outside of Portsmouth, OH. He's been in operation since at least the early 80's.

3) I don't have any guides in mind, but I do know a guy that brokers leases in my immediate area. You could look up the Parker Funeral Home in Brooksville, KY. John Parker may have leases available. I'm in a very opportunity-rich environment. Parker leases out the land adjacent to my farm. All the counties around me are ZONE 1, which means the state is trying to reduce the herd and are allowing unlimited anterless harvest. I'm about 90 minutes from Greater Cincinnati Airport. This is about a 9-10 hour drive from NJ.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer