This Feb I lost my dad to Parkinsons and it ended up with 4 months of dementia at the end. Constant keeping an eye on him as he could be up for days and crawled around like and infant and fought us changing diapers and taking care of him. He turned into an awful creature but really it wasn't him. At the time I was wondering how much of this could my mom and I take and thought I was at a wall. As exhausted as we were there was eventually an end to it and it actually came peacefully.

Looking back now I know exactly what you are going thru but every minute you spend with your parents is precious. I now fondly look back how I help feed my dad for a few years, make his meals, change diapers, and shower and clean him up. Before that I took him many places and drives and many adventures with an SxS atv I bought for him. All of these things, even the dark times are time we look back and are thankful. Be strong. It may be a difficult time but right now your needed and it's wonderful your there for your dad. Relief and grief will come but you'll never regret being as close to your dad till the end. No regrets. Great job.