Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Only ones getting ripped off are guys to fugging stupid to buy enough for their needs. That answer your question? Mb

I just totally rebuilt my 1980's Rem. 700 Custom BDL deluxe, and have 2 boxes of cartridges but still have to sight it in. I have other guns and ammo to use, but wanted to break out the 30-06 again this year for old time sake.

I don't think that makes me stupid.

You have 40 rounds of ammo for your 30-06?

How many rounds do you need to sight in your rifle?

How many rounds do you need ot punch your tags after you have it sighted in?

In normal times, when I buy a rifle that I'm going to shoot factory ammo in, I buy 100 rounds that will be dedicated to that rifle and when I buy the factory ammo, I try to get it from the same production lot/run, which is why I prefer to buy factory ammo in person rather than on-line. MidwayUSA has a particularly annoying policy of only selling individual boxes of factory ammo, so if you buy 10 boxes of ammo from them, you could get 10 boxes that come from multiple different production lots/runs. I particularly don't understand why they do that with rimfire ammo, since the have to wrap the individual boxes in bubble wrap when they pack/ship the ammo. There must be a reason for them doing this, but it seems counterintuitive to me.