Originally Posted by MAC
My wife bought me a T/C Compass in 308 Win for Christmas last year. I have been shooting a 7mm Mag, 6.5x55 Swede, 9.3x62 Mauser and a 375 H&H for decades. Never had anything in 30 Cal so I found myself in a hurt locker for ammo. I have several thousand rounds of handloads for the 4 rifles I mentioned as well as plenty of powder and primers but had nothing for the 308 in the way of brass, dies and bullets and stuff was hard to get. However I did have nearly 500 rounds of once fired 243 Win brass that my late father shot up and I traded that for dies and enough brass/components to get the 308 going.

In my case it wasn't a matter of getting caught short or not being prepared, it was a matter of getting a new rifle going in a caliber I had never owned. If you really want to get ammo and shoot you will find a way to make it happen.

Just the other day, I picked up like 80 , 308 Win Cases.. Mostly Federal.. add that to the zillions I have picked up.

I don't shoot a 308, but it necks down to 260 real easily... and 7/08 to boot.

I've probably picked up at least a 1000, 223 Rem cases in the last month, laying on the ground.. people shoot it them just leave it...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez